Tips and Information to Guide You Through The Online Registration Process
- Login Information: You will need to create a login for SportNgin using a valid email address and a password of your choosing. If you registered a player for Shorewood Soccer online previously, you should have an existing login that you can use. You can register multiple players under a single login.
- Registration Period: Online registration will be available for the Spring 2020 season through March 7, 2020. If you have trouble registering, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After March 7, 2020, while the registration link is still posted you can continue to register with a $25 late fee. Placement on a team will NOT be guaranteed, and you may be placed on a waiting list. Once the registration link is no longer posted, you must send an email with your child’s name and date of birth to request to be placed on the waiting list for the spring season to email@example.com. Players will be pulled from the waiting list in the order they are placed, and registration will be completed then.
If you have registered and need to withdraw your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, date of birth, and your contact information. You will be contacted to complete the withdrawal process as soon as possible. All registration fees will be refunded if you withdraw your registration by March 27, 2020. If you cancel or withdraw your registration between March 28 and April 17, you will receive a refund of fees, less $25. Cancellations or withdrawals beginning April 18 will receive no refund.
- Fees: The Shorewood Soccer League charges two types of participation fees: registration fees (charged per player) and volunteer fees (charged per family).
Registration Fees: Registration fees for the Spring 2020 season will be $70 for U5 players, $90 for U6 players, and $100 for U8-U16 players. Through January 31, registration fees will be discounted $10 – the discount is automatically reflected and no code is needed. Fees must be paid at the time of registration via credit card. Players registering by March 7 will be guaranteed a spot on a team and provided a game jersey and game socks. All other equipment (soccer ball, shin guards, soccer cleats or gym shoes, athletic glasses if glasses are required to be worn) must be provided by the player. Registration fees are refunded in full if registration is withdrawn by March 27. If registration is withdrawn after that date, you will receive a partial refund (fees paid less $25 per withdrawn player). If registration is withdrawn on April 18 or after, no refund will be provided.
Volunteer Fees: The Shorewood Soccer League is entirely volunteer-run. Every family is required to pay a family volunteer fee of $75 per season if volunteer requirements are not fulfilled. The volunteer requirement is met and you will not be charged the $75 volunteer fee if you serve as a board member, coach, assistant coach, or team parent for the full season, or if you complete 2 hours of volunteer time in the concession stand or with field setup during the season. The online registration form allows you to note your interest in various volunteer positions for both parents/guardians named on the player registration. Sign-up options for concessions and field setup are available on our website as the season approaches and are first come, first serve.
All coach, assistant coach, team parent, and board member volunteers will be subject to a background check; more information will be provided to you as the season approaches if you are selected to volunteer in one of these positions.
- Divisions: Shorewood Soccer currently has the following divisions:
U5 (PeeWee) - April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016
U6 (Kindergarten) - September 1, 2013 – March 31, 2015
U8 (1st and 2nd Grades) - September 1, 2011 – August 31, 2013
U10 (3rd and 4th Grades) - September 1, 2009 – August 31, 2011
U13 (5th-7th Grades) - September 1, 2006 – August 31, 2009
U16 (8th-10th Grades) - September 1, 2003 – August 31, 2006
The league reserves the right to modify the division age groups based on registration numbers in any given season; however, it is not anticipated that any changes in division age ranges will be made for the upcoming season.
The number of players on the field for each division varies based on number of players registered and team sizes each season. U5 does not play with a goalie.
- Team Formation: Teams will be formed after registration closes on March 7, 2020. Coaches will be contacted in early March, and rosters will be provided to coaches at the Coach’s Meeting scheduled for March 28. Players will be contacted by their coaches after March 28, 2020.
- Season Duration: The first game of the season will be April 18, 2020. The season will end June 13, 2020. Games will be played on Saturdays through the season. Coaches are responsible for setting practice schedules and locations.
- Questions or Concerns During Registration: If you encounter issues completing the online registration process, or if you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com or leave a message on the Shorewood Soccer voicemail at (815) 773-9907. Please provide as much detail in your message as possible, and if an error is encountered please include a screenshot to enable us to properly direct the question and help resolve the issue. Messages will be responded to as soon as possible, generally within 1-2 business days.